Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ugh Rugs

The carpets were quite badly faded. Worse the fading was uneven making those spots stick out even more.




As it turns out RIT Burgundy Dye is a near perfect match for the original color. I decided to use the liquid version of the product as opposed to the dry mix. I followed the manufacture's recommendations based on the size of the carpet. I used the hottest water I could get from the tap.

My neighbors were throwing out two kiddy pools, perfect fit. 

 I set up some saw horses and an old ladder to dry the carpets out fully. 



After the carpets had fully dried I rinsed them with a hose until the water ran clear. I then let them dry again.

 A few weeks later when I was ready to install them.

These rear mats are from a 900, but they may the back seat area look more complete.

The front looks fantastic with the original accessory coco mats. 




No comments:

Post a Comment