Monday, April 21, 2014

Ruffle, Shuffle, Muffle Muffle

I was able to fit the the aluminum intermediate pipe over the steel pipe from the cat. After removing the steel pipe from the cat I could see that someone had welded a sleeve OVER the end of the pipe, not adding onto the end of it as I thought in my last exhaust system post. I was able to expand the aluminum section and then pound it in over this sleeve. The muffler lined up well. 


Then I tried to fit the tail pipe section I had by spreading it to fit over the muffler. I split the pipe by spreading it too much. 


For the heck of it I tried to check the fit and noticed that if I cut off the split area I could fit the pipe into the muffler (it has a slight flair). The tailpipe sat well like this except for the hanger so I cut it off and moved it an inch or so back to line up with the hanger on the car. 

Everything sits well now and is very quiet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment